Heatless Compressed Air Dryer is the simplest form of desiccant type (activated alumina / molecular sieves) air dryer (drier) for achieving a dewpoint of -40°C or better for compressed air systems. It is the simplest design, which is virtually fully automatic and maintenance free. These heat fewer type dryers do not require any heating for re-generation and therefore are very simple in design and smooth in operation.
In heatless dryers, two vessels are filled with desiccant, which cycles automatically, producing dry air continuously. In these units, wet air enters the bottom of one vessel and passes upwards through the desiccant bed where the moisture is absorbed. The dry air comes out from the top.
A small portion of dry air is passed downward through the desiccant bed in the second vessel, which is under regeneration. Then the moisture-laden purge air is vented out to the atmosphere. The purge loss is around 10-15 % of the total air flow.
At the preset interval, the vessels changeover automatically and dry air is available continuously, without any surges, the purge air requirement is around 10-15 % if (-) 400C dew point is needed from heatless type Air Dryers.
- Simple In operation and Fully Automatic
- Pressure equalization – ensures dry air supply is continuous and at constant pressure
- Electronic Timer – Highly precise and fail-safe with excellent repeatability
- Low Dew Point – Constant atmospheric dew point of -40 º C or below
- Instant dry air availability
- Easy to install & operate, requiring very few, low-cost spares.
- Desiccant life is around 3- years
- Maintenance free operations